Monday, October 10, 2011
What Anna's recent agitation did is that it not only captivated the minds of numerous youths in the country but also motivated them to do something constructive for their motherland and development of the society where they live in. Taking inspiration from that movement and hearing to his inner voice Balasaheb Darade, a well educated youth has came back to Lonar to throw himself in the development work of Lonar and villages around.
Dreaming to bring glory for his own place and setting a role model of sustainable development of villages, Balasaheb Darade has returned to Lonar leaving his lucrative salaries jobs and promising carrer. An Electronics and Telecommnication Engineer from Jawaharlal Nehru Engineeing College, Aurangabad, Darade did his Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering from University of Cincinnati, USA. He also worked with many reputed companies in the field of IT in India and abroad.
Balasaheb was associated with the Art of Living movement of Sri Sri Ravishankar even when he was doing his jobs and still an active member. He always had participated in the construtive activities of Art of Living movement. During Anna's fast at Delhi he took part in that agitation and huge repsonse to Anna's struggle gave boost to hidden urge in the heart of Darade. " I thought this is the right time to give proper direction to the energy in youths and to start constructive work. I wanted to do something for my village and area around from where I rose up. I wanted to pay back to my place and decided to get settle here," told Balasaheb while talking The Hitavada.
After coming back to Lonar, Balasaheb has now started to gather youths in Lonar and motivationg youths in and around the place. Presently he has decided to work on creating sustainable model village considering 12 developmental parameters such as health, hygiene, food, water, shelter, education, income generation/job creation, energy, social equity, connectivity, spiritual well being & public domain. He also eyes to empower youth and leaders in villages to take responsibilities to uplift life in villages. He knows that this is a very difficult and long process and results are not to get in immediate future. But this youth with dreamy eyes is hopeful about good results and believes that youths in rural parts will bring changes and boost the development process. He already has started efforts in that direction and meeting with several stakeholders to catalyse the development of Lonar and surround areas. He sees many things which can be counted and used for developing this rural part. He has chalked down some plans and started work on those plans.
" I believe that once you have achieved certain things, you must share those with others who need it most. I wants to serve for my motherland so I came back. I get satisfaction from this work. Journey has just begun and I have long terms goals. Youths are giving good response to me and I hope only good will come out of the collective efforts," shared Balasaheb.
Achievements and awards of Balasaheb Darade
* Resident Education and Development Outstanding Student Leader Award, University of Cincinnati, 2009.
* University Graduate Scholarship (UGS), University of Cincinnati, 2007-09.
* Outstanding Engineering Student award, IEEE, 2004.
* Outstanding Engineering Student, Dr B.A.M. University, 2003-04.
* Distinguished Alumni, JNEC Aurangabad.
* Government of India Scholarship for Engg Education 2001-2005
* LONAR RATNA, Award for Scientific Contribution for development of Lonar Crater, 2006.
* Best Paper Award (First position) in International conference on Systematics, Cybernetics and Informatics 2007
* First Prize: IMS (Indian Microelectronics Society Conference), 2005.
* First Prize: UG/PG Student Contest, IEEE Communication Society, 2004.
* First Prize: Hardware/software Project Contest, VIT IEEE SB, 2005.